Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super fast & easy! Feel free to substitute another ready made sauce or your favorite homemade. This variety just happens to be our current favorite. A great add, of course, is mushrooms!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jarbertolli olive oil & garlic pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms (optional) or 4 ounces jarred sliced mushrooms (optional)
- Brown bacon. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
- Add onions & peppers + mushrooms, if using. Cook, stirring often, till onion & peppers are tender; ~ 5 minutes.
- Stir in sauce & parsley. Simmer.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente.
- Drain pasta & add to sauce. Spoon in pasta water to thin.
- Stir in half & half.
Amazing! Ended up with 3 adult and 2 toddler serves (as hinted in other comments) but no complaints. Used lite thickened cream, no such thing as half and half, so probably naughtier than original recipe but fussy hubby loved this! I think we've found a new pasta go-to dish!
Good! We enjoyed this for dinner tonight. I'd put the servings at 3-4, though. Doubled the recipe and it made a huge amount. Did use the fresh mushrooms and would suggest doing so. Used Muir Glen garlic roasted garlic pasta sauce. The bacon kind of got lost in the dish. Next time I'd sprinkle it on top. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Awesome recipe! So easy and flavorful. The taste reminds me of my Smothered Pork Chop recipe. I made as written and included the optional mushrooms. I did add 3 cloves of minced garlic in step 2 and topped with Parmesan cheese. My bacon was not very lean so I trimmed a lot of the fat off and weighed out 8 ounces of the more lean meat. We (3) all had huge servings and there were still leftovers. Just a word of caution, I was about to add the Bertolli sauce and realized it was a 24 oz. jar. My grocery store only carries that size. So be sure you have the 16 oz jar or use 2 cups from the 24 oz. jar. This will be made often in our home. Thanks for sharing you delicious recipe SusieQusie! I wish I could give it more stars! JT'sMom