Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a very delicious recipe that turns an ordinary dinner into an extraordinary meal with a springtime twist. If you want a dinner that is quick, easy, and healthy this is it! Unlike most one-dish-meals, this one has three distinct flavors that blend well. I was hesitant at first to use thigh meat as we like white meat, but I think this cut really made the dish! I found this recipe in Kraft’s Food and Family (Spring 2005) Magazine.
- Toss Chicken with Dressing in plastic bag or container with lid.
- Add Chicken with Dressing to large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat and cook 4 minutes on each side (or until browned).
- Stir in Broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and Simmer for 10 Minutes.
- Add Beans and cook 5 Minutes or until Chicken is cooked through.
- Remove Chicken from skillet (I removed the green beans also).
- Add Rice and Almonds and Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Seat Chicken on Green Beans over the Almond-Rice.
I was looking for some inspiration for a new and different way to prepare chicken. This really hit the spot! Easy to prepare and very, very good. It did take me a little over 30 minutes but I really didn't watch the clock that closely. Thanks for posting a really, really nice recipe, that we will be making often!
Really liked this one! I used 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, Light Zesty Italian dressing, 2 whole cans of green beans (drained), 2 cups of minute brown rice (I added 1 cup of water), and 1/2 cup of almonds. The chicken was flavored just right and the almonds were a hit! This will definitely be on the "really fast supper" list from now on!
Everyone in the family liked this, even picky-picky, so it was a hit. It's not anything unusual but just nice chicken. I love the easy preparation with a one dish meal. I made it exactly as written but I didn't have almonds and it didn't matter. I used frozen green beans from Trader Joe's. Thanks Cheryl for an easy Sunday dinner.