Recipe by English_Rose
This raw muffin mixture from actually keeps in the fridge for 30 days. It even gets better as it sits! So, you can make this in advance and whip up a batch of fresh muffins at short notice!!
- 2 eggs
- 7 1⁄2 ounces dark brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil
- 5 ounces dates, chopped
- 4 ounces raisins
- 12 ounces all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces natural bran
- 3 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together, and pour in the milk and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add the sunflower oil, dates and raisins.
- Sieve the flour with the bicarbonate of soda and salt, and add to the mixture with the bran.
- Mix again and cover tightly until needed - this mixture will keep in the fridge for up to 30 days (during which time the bran will swell).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Stir the mixture before using. Fill muffin cases in a muffin tin until three quarters full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until firm to the touch and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack before serving.