Recipe by stacylu
Chicken can be used to make Tacos, Quesadilla or Burritos - easily makes a bunch for multiple meals.
Top Review by NE Foodie
We loved this! I used 2 defrosted chicken breasts and just over 1/2 pound of ground beef (chopped up from leftover burgers on our indoor grill). I uesd a whole "O-brand" jar of salsa verde to keep everything nice and moist while cooking, and it didn't yield too much extra liquid. Had tacos tonight, will try enchildas or quesadillas with the rest. Great easy meal! I love not having to measure every ingredient, just tossed it all in!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos, diced and drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups salsa verde
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (10-12 thighs)
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed and coarsely mashed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) corn, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In 5-5-1/2 quart slow cooker combine the tomatoes, 3/4 cup of salsa, cumin, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, peppers, and onion and stir to coat.
- Cover and cook on High for 3-1/2 hours or LOW for 4-1/2 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker to cutting board and let cool slightly.
- Strain mixture over a large bowl or measuring cup and set liquid aside.
- Return vegetables to slow cooker; stir in black beans and corn.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Shred chicken and stir back into slow cooker with the remaining salsa and 1 cup of the remaining liquid (more if desired).
- Mixture can be used in tacos, quesadillas, burritos, or frozen in batches for quick meals.