Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I used to sell a lot of these apple pies to happy customers in bazaars and fares. Here are some of the apple pie toppings that SOLD LIKE HOT CAKE.
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons flour
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, cold
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cold
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, up to 1 cup
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shortening, crisco
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- For streussel topping: combine and sprinkle on top of apple pie.
- For the next 2 toppings: Mix till crumbly and and top on pie.
I used the French topping on a fresh raspberry pie instead of a top pastry crust. This was outstanding!!! Thank you so much for the recipes. Am anxious to try the other two toppings.
Loved the French Topping! I am sure the others are going to be wows too. Can certainly see why you had happy customers. Have this printed and in my file drawer ready to use at a moments notice - no more digging through cookbooks or looking for toppings. Not only added to my favorites collection but added to the apple recipes I use for the fall apple crop. Thank you for a recipe that will be used for years to come.
looove the streussel topping!!