This is from Cooking Light Magazine. Such an easy and filling dinner your family will love!
Make and share this 3 Step Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup bottled salsa
- 8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups bite-sized baked corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook the beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in taco seasoning and water. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sour cream and salsa in a small bowl.
- Combine the beef mixture, iceberg lettuce, tortilla chips, tomatoes, 1/2 cup cheese, and beans in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the sour cream mixture over the salad, and toss gently. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Serve immediately.