Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Really good jam recipe that I got from a family friend
- Stir throughly in large bowl: the strawberries and sugar. Let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in small sauce pan: Sur jell and water. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling and stirring 1 minute.
- Stir surjell mix into fruit mixture.
- Continue stirring 3 minutes (a few sugar crystals may remain.
- Fill plastic container to within 1/2 inch of top. Cover.
- Let stand at room temperataure 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use.
- Store in refrigerator or freeze extra containers. thaw in refrigerator.
- IMPORTANT: Measure sugar and fruit exactly. Do not change amounts or jam will not set.
- Potato masher works best for strawberries.
This jam has a nice strawberry flavor. However, the texture wasn't appealing to us. Step 4 does state that a few sugar crystal will remain. Yes, they do.