Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I developed this recipe by combining a Super Quick Lasagna recipe that does not require the lasagna noodles to be pre-cooked and a Spinach Lasagna recipe which is so delicious it can get anyone, like myself, who dislikes spinach to get their iron.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed,drained (2 packages can be used if desired)
- 4 cups cottage cheese
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 3⁄4 cups tomato sauce (or canned, diced tomatoes)
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- uncooked lasagna noodle
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese
- Combine Spinach, Cottage Cheese, Egg Yolk, Pepper, Salt, 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce, and 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese.
- Layer Lasagna in greased pan the following manner: Sauce, Noodles, Spinach Mixture, Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese (repeat these until the top layer).
- Top Layer: Noodles, Spinach Mixture, Parmesean Cheese, Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake Covered for 50 minutes in a 375 degree oven, then uncover and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until top is brown.
I used two packages spinach, and substituted ricotta cheese for the cottage called for. It was delicious, this will be my go-to recipe for veggie lasagna.
Tasty lasanga, with some tweaking. I added Italian herbs and garlic to the tomato sauce and spinach mixture. I used egg substitute instead of the yolk, and low-fat cottage cheese. I also doubled the spinach, and added some chopped spinach-chicken sausages for meat. Thanks Robin, solid recipe!
Wonderful recipe. I also added some garlic and some mushrooms. It was the best I had ever had. Will definitley make it again!