Recipe by Gabbyw56
Very tastey, my family loves this recipe and so do all of my friends. I get requests to make it all the time and it is so simple!-- Also it's easy to change flavors. I always do a strawberry swirl though; Just a couple spoonfuls of strawberry Jam and then you marble it with a knife. Yummy!
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
This didn't quite work out for me... I used lite cream cheese, made my own graham cracker crust and followed directions as noted being careful not to overmix - it seemed pretty thick to me but I don't make cheesecake often so I just put it in the oven. Oh, and I swirled some raspberry jam on the top. After 40 minutes it didn't appear much different, so I turned the heat up to 350 and baked for another 5-7 minutes until it was brown on just the very outer edges - it never did appear jiggly so I couldn't use that as a gauge. Waited overnight to try and it was just ok today. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 inch) already made graham cracker crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs; mix until just blended ( if blended to much, the air will get inside and your cheesecake will puff up like a balloon.).
- Pour into the crust.
- Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set (a little jiggly in the middle but not to jiggly).
- Cool. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. ( Best overnight.).
- Store leftovers in refrigerator.