Recipe by Mini Ravindran
A real no fuss fish curry that comes your way it is cooked generally in my house for years !
Top Review by rupalp99
Now a weekly staple. I also halves the turmeric, and added a tsp. of mild curry powder. Gives us that curry fix. Also can substitute a half of can of dices tomatoes if you don't have a fresh tomatoe on hand.
- 2 cups cubed fish fillets (your fav. fish)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil preferably in cast iron skillet and add onions and garlic.
- Wait till they begin to turn brown.
- Add tomatoes and all the spices.
- Saute gently on medium heat till the oil comes out on the sides and curry is bright red.
- Add fillet cubes and saute gently till pieces are well coated.
- Add around 1/2 cup water and cook covered on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Fragrant, no fuss fish curry is ready!