Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my family favorites and I serve it with a loaf of french bread!
- 1 green pepper, roasted
- 1 red pepper, roasted
- 1 yellow pepper, roasted
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 pint half-and-half
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon asiago cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon romano cheese, grated
- Start by coring and seeding peppers and cutting in half length wise. Place peppers on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking oil. (I use Pam with olive oil). Place under broiler for 20-30 minutes and until peppers are completely charred. Place peppers in a Ziploc bag and let them rest to steam the skins. Peel skins off peppers and cut into ½ “ cubes. Set aside. Next, place garlic in medium pot on the stove and warm through. Do not add oil and watch garlic so it does not burn! Add heavy cream or half & half, tomato paste, salt and pepper. Use a whisk to break up the tomato paste. The sauce should be a blush color (pink) Warm sauce thoroughly but do not let it boil! Once sauce it hot pour over cooked farfalle pasta and toss. Top with freshly grated cheeses (make sure this is good quality cheese!) Serves
- 8 people. **Sauce will be thin but will thicken as it stands!