Recipe by chia
This recipe is from Jack McDavid, a wonderful chef in PA. I have made this very pretty colorful salad with red potatoes too.
Top Review by cuisinebymae
I don't have a grill, so I just boiled the potatoes. The dressing has such a wonderful, fresh taste, due to the lemon juice. The Dijon adds just the right amount of "zip". I would, though, prefer less celery seeds. Good recipe!
- 1 lb red skin sweet potato
- 1 lb yukon gold potato
- 1 lb small purple potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons celery seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the grill to high.
- Wrap the potatoes in heavy duty tin foil, in 3 batches (sweet, purple, Yukon) grill 35 minutes until tender.
- Remove from foil, and cool, cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Mix mayo, lemon juice, mustard and celery seed.
- Add potatoes and scallions, toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be refrigerated but serve at room temperature.