Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from Jack McDavid, a wonderful chef in PA. I have made this very pretty colorful salad with red potatoes too.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Wrap the potatoes in heavy duty tin foil, in 3 batches (sweet, purple, Yukon) grill 35 minutes until tender.
- Remove from foil, and cool, cut into 1 inch chunks.
- Mix mayo, lemon juice, mustard and celery seed.
- Add potatoes and scallions, toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Can be refrigerated but serve at room temperature.
I don't have a grill, so I just boiled the potatoes. The dressing has such a wonderful, fresh taste, due to the lemon juice. The Dijon adds just the right amount of "zip". I would, though, prefer less celery seeds. Good recipe!