Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is a great chili recipe with a little kick. Everyone that has tried it has loved it.
- 1 (8 ounce) can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes (small or large)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 lbs beef (or sub 1lb with sausage)
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packageof lawry's fajita seasoning mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bell pepper (choose your color)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper, ground (add more or less for spice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon course black pepper
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- put all canned items in a crock pot and cook on high.
- cook meat and peppers in skillet until cooked through.
- drain grease from meat.
- add fajita seasoning to meat and stir, mix water to evenly distribute seasoning
- add meat to pot
- then stir in seasonings
- let it cook on high for 1 hour, then set to low and begin eating.
it was really good, has spicy kick to it. And can be easily adjusted more or less for spicy preference. My family loves it and I highly recommend it.