Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A beef and rice dish with a kick, topped off with cabbage and chedder cheese
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup diced canned green chili
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain instant rice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon course ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In skillet cook beef, green pepper, onion, and garlic til beef is crumbled and no longer pink.
- Add diced tomatoes, chilis, tomato sauce, rice and seasonings and pepper sauce.
- Put into 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Top with cabbage; Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F 35 minutes or til rice is tender.
- Remove foil; sprinkle with cheese; bake another 10-15 minutes til cheese is melted.