Recipe by Nurse Amanda
This is a recipe I found and tweaked a bit. My house smelled great while I was cooking it!
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
We loved this recipe. I did some tweaking myself and couldn't be happier with it. I seared the roast first and then used all the packets (was not to salty for us) as a rub on the roast, added everything to crockpot. I only used 1/2 cup water and added 1/2 cup of a good red wine. Then added in all the veggies plus pearl onions, celery and rhutabaga. Let in cook as directed and it was wonderful. It might have been due to the extra veggies that it wasn't salty but had no problems with it. When we removed the meat, made a gravy out of the sauce to pour over the vegies and meat and ended up with a full meal in one pot. What a wonderful recipe, taste great, easy to mix and one pot clean up. Thanks for posting.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 4 medium russet potatoes, diced into 1 in. cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the meat in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the three mix packs.
- Sprinkle the mixes over the roast.
- Pour the water around the edge of the meat.
- Place the carrots around the meat.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add the potatoes after the 5 hours is up.
- Cook for another 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!