Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a recipe I found and tweaked a bit. My house smelled great while I was cooking it!
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef roast, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 4 medium russet potatoes, diced into 1 in. cubes
- Place the meat in the slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix together the three mix packs.
- Sprinkle the mixes over the roast.
- Pour the water around the edge of the meat.
- Place the carrots around the meat.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Add the potatoes after the 5 hours is up.
- Cook for another 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
We loved this recipe. I did some tweaking myself and couldn't be happier with it. I seared the roast first and then used all the packets (was not to salty for us) as a rub on the roast, added everything to crockpot. I only used 1/2 cup water and added 1/2 cup of a good red wine. Then added in all the veggies plus pearl onions, celery and rhutabaga. Let in cook as directed and it was wonderful. It might have been due to the extra veggies that it wasn't salty but had no problems with it. When we removed the meat, made a gravy out of the sauce to pour over the vegies and meat and ended up with a full meal in one pot. What a wonderful recipe, taste great, easy to mix and one pot clean up. Thanks for posting.
I have seen this recipe floating around for a long, long time and decided to give it a try. Am I ever so glad I did!! I used the packets as a rub and placed the roast in my HOT cast iron dutch oven. I peeled 2 pounds of carrots, used 4 stalks of celery cut up, a whole onion and instead of water did use 1 can of beer. I baked in my oven at 325 degrees for 3.5 hours. The roast was falling apart fork tender, the veggies were awesome and that gravy was over the top!! I served with mashed potatoes and my DH was thrilled beyond words. We love a good pot roast and we will be making this again! Thanks for sharing!
Delicious and easy. I was surprised how wonderfully flavorful it was. I liked it so much in fact, I emailed it to a few friends and family.