1/5 Photos of 3 Onion, Mushroom and Garlic Soup
This is a buttery, hearty, warming soup. Has leeks, red onions, scallions, lots of garlic, and dried Porcini mushrooms. You can top it with cheese if you like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 leeks, sliced, white part only, rinsed very good
- 3 large red onions, sliced
- 6 -10 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms, soaked and rough chopped (reserve liquid for soup)
- 8 cups water
- 2 tablespoons beef base or 2 tablespoons vegetable stock base
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- scallion, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1Melt butter and olive oil in a large pot.
- 2Sauté leeks, onions, salt, pepper, sugar, 8-10 minutes adding garlic and cook 3 more minutes.
- 3Add strained chopped mushrooms, water, beef base, strained liquid from mushrooms and parsley.
- 4Bring to a boil lower heat to a simmer and cook for 20 more minutes.
- 5If desired, toast bread in over and top with your favorite cheese and place on top of soup and serve topped with a garnish of scallions and pepper.
- 6For vegetarian use only the vegetable base.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3 Onion, Mushroom and Garlic Soup
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.6
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 511.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms