Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I have put this recipe together from 3 different peoples homemade recipe.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- salt and black pepper
- 5 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 4 lbs meatloaf mixture (beef, veal, pork)
- 0.5 (16 ounce) boxof favorite pasta wagon wheel macaroni or 0.5 (16 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- 1 large white onions (onion powder can be substituted) or 1 large vidalia onion (onion powder can be substituted)
- Preheat Oven to 375°F (cooking time varies depending on oven I based my time on a new electric oven) .
- Dice onion into SMALL pieces and fry in pan with butter until browned, or use onion powder.
- Mix all remaining ingredients (except milk) in a large bowl by hand turn and mix well so that all ingredients meat, pasta and onions are spread out.
- When done mixing place meatloaf mix in large dutch oven pan form into a"loaf shape" and pour the milk over top which will brown the loaf.
- Place cover on dutch oven and place in oven.
- Bake for 1 Hour then check for doneness and remove the cover, place back in oven for approximately.
- 25-30 minutes until done.
- I like the meat to be well cooked so time accordingly the key is to remove the top of the pan for the last 15-20 min to brown the loaf.
Absolutley DELISH! Not much of a beef eater & I gobbled this right up! Didn't use pasta but every morsel was savory!
It tasted ok but the paste was still hard
Easy but not very tasty. Just ok.