- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons margarine or 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup Nestle Toll House Baking Cocoa
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned*, uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, margarine, milk and cocoa. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Continue boiling 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in oats.* Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until firm. Store tightly covered.
- Makes about 3 dozen.
- *If using old fashioned oats, cool mixture in saucepan 5 minutes.