Recipe by internetnut
I found this at Cooking Classy. I haven't tried this, just posting for safe keeping.
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1 Tbsp
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon scant salt
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese or 1 tablespoon neufchatel cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream Cheese Icing:.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Icing by combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk with a fork until smooth, set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a mug then whisk together with a fork until combine and nearly smooth. Microwave mixture on high power for 1 minute then check cake for doneness. If it is not fully cooked microwave for an additional 15 seconds.
- Serve warm topped with Cream Cheese Icing.