Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Found this recipe on Budget101.com. It sounds like a quick and inexpensive dessert. From their site: Delicately sweet with a hint of cinnamon and raisins, this simple bread pudding in a mug is a perfect single serving and takes only 3 minutes to prepare. It makes a lovely dessert, breakfast, or comfort dish any time. If you happen to have a couple heels left over in a package of bread, this recipe is a perfect way to use them up.
- Crack egg into the mug, add milk and blend well with a fork.
- Add the cubed bread & stir gently to coat. Let it soak in and then stir gently again. (Alternatively you could mix the egg and milk in a separate dish and pour it over the cubes of bread) Gently stir coating all bread.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place the mug in the microwave and COVER WELL with a paper towel. Tuck the paper towel edges underneath the mug.
- Cook for exactly 2 minutes. Drizzle with syrup if desired & chow down!