Recipe by wirkwoman1
Found this recipe on Budget101.com. It sounds like a quick and inexpensive dessert. From their site: Delicately sweet with a hint of cinnamon and raisins, this simple bread pudding in a mug is a perfect single serving and takes only 3 minutes to prepare. It makes a lovely dessert, breakfast, or comfort dish any time. If you happen to have a couple heels left over in a package of bread, this recipe is a perfect way to use them up.
Top Review by fransett
I thought it was very good. I didn't have raisin bread home so I used apple fritter bread. 2 slices of bread is too much for our appetite so I cut it down to one since the apple fritter bread is sliced a little thicker. I wish I had thought to throw some raisins in. Since I only used one bread I cut the milk down to 1/3 cup. I thought a Tbls brown sugar would be too sweet, so I just sprinkled some on top. I used a stick to mix it which just fit in the mug. I had a layer of egg custard at the bottom (I dumped it out of the mug because it was taking too long to cool.
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack egg into the mug, add milk and blend well with a fork.
- Add the cubed bread & stir gently to coat. Let it soak in and then stir gently again. (Alternatively you could mix the egg and milk in a separate dish and pour it over the cubes of bread) Gently stir coating all bread.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place the mug in the microwave and COVER WELL with a paper towel. Tuck the paper towel edges underneath the mug.
- Cook for exactly 2 minutes. Drizzle with syrup if desired & chow down!