Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have tried different combinations of meat, cheese and sauce, and this is the one my husband and I both love the most. Any other lasagna just doesn't compare. Occasionally I have had to use just ground beef, or just mozzarella, depending on what I had, but they just don't turn out as yummy as this combination.
- 1 lb ground meat (I use the mix of beef, pork, and veal)
- 2 (680 ml) cans pasta sauce (I use Primo, one can of garlic and herb, one can of romano cheese and basil)
- 1 (380 g) packageof kraft mozza-cheddar grated cheese
- grated parmesan cheese, to preference
- 12 lasagna noodles (I use PC Blue Menu, whole wheat noodles)
- Brown the meat, and drain.
- Add both cans of sauce to the meat mixture, and heat on low, covered, making sure to stir every few minutes.
- While the sauce is heating, boil the noodles according to package directions, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- When the noodles are ready, drain them and run cold water over them so that they are not too hot to touch.
- Put a little bit of the meat sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Do 2 layers of: 4 noodles, meat sauce, parmesan cheese, mozza-cheddar cheese.
- Final layer is 4 noodles, meat sauce, and parmesan cheese (mozza-cheddar layer gets added later, so it won't burn).
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and put a final layer of mozza-cheddar cheese on top; bake another 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown, don't let it get overdone.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.