Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
There are a few recipes like this one, but each has something a little different than mine. My family happens to love this recipe the way I make it, so I wanted to share it with all of you. Great dessert for a kid's party. Let the kids help you make this one!
- 2 cups pretzels, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bottom Layer - Mix together first three ingredients for the bottom layer. Place in a 9 x 13 dish and bake for 8 minutes - Cool.
- Middle Layer - Mix together cream cheese and sugar, fold in cool whip. Place on top of cooled bottom layer. Place in refrigerator.
- Top Layer - Follow directions to Jello and add strawberries to Jello. Place in refrigerator to set a bit. Once it has started to set, (you do not want this watery) remove pretzel dish from refrigerator and top with Jello and strawberries. Cool until completely set - 1-2 hours.
- Serve with additional whipped cream.
It's a classic! Had it out at a party and in was a delightful surprise!