Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a 3-layer dessert. You would never know by looking at the ingredients how it turns out...OMG! My sister-in-law made this a few years ago and I had to have the recipe. Now everyone that tastes it wants the recipe. This is such a great pumpkin dessert!
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- grease or use non-stick cooking spray and prepare 13x9 inches pan.
- Reserve 1 cup dry cake mix for topping.
- Crust - Combine remaining cake mix, butter and egg, press into bottom of pan. (set a side).
- Prepare filling - combine pie mix, 2 eggs and evaporated milk, mix well and pour over crust.
- Topping - combine dry mix, sugar, cinnamon and cut in butter to crumble mixture. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 350 for 50 minutes or until set.
- Serve with dollip of whip cream.
This was a good dessert to start the fall season with. I took it to a potluck and not much was left, (I had to put it away early so that I could take some home). Loved the filling layer, (wondering if i could double up on that) :) I may try that next time. I left the nuts out but think that they would add a good flavor so next time i will had them. Thank you for sharing this delicious pumpkin dessert! :)shirley(:
Mmmmmm! I actually decided to be a little daring, and added apples to the filling! Used five peeled, chopped macintosh apples. Perfect Autumn dessert, thanks!