Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Served at room temperature or hot, this delicious dip lacks only tortilla chips! From Parade Magazine.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups tabasco guacamole (one of my 'Zaar listed recipes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seeded and sliced ripe plum tomato (1/4-inch)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted black olives
- 2 scallions, halved lengthwise and sliced (3-inch of green left on)
- Spread the beans over the bottom of a 10" round glass baking dish; cover in guacamole.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream and spices; spread over the guacamole with spatula.
- Sprinkle the top with the cheese, tomatoes, olives and scallions.
- Serve at room temperature or bake in a 425°F oven for 15 minutes and serve hot.
I made this before dinner and ate so much it became my dinner! I was out of cumin so used some creole seasoning I had just made up recently. My refried beans had gone bad, so used some barbequed beans! Thank you!