Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my "ALL-TIME-FAVORITE" baked bean dish. I got the recipe from my sisters' friend over 34 years ago. Baked beans, baby lima beans, and kidney beans make up this dish, along with bacon, onion, catsup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and slices of Velveeta cheese.
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can baby lima beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 4 slices bacon (or more)
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Velveeta cheese (no substitutes)
- Brown bacon in skillet, remove and set aside.
- In a 3 quart casserole, combine the beans, onion, catsup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and bacon.
- Cover, and bake 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove from oven, top with the Velveeta slices, return to oven (uncovered) until the cheese melts.
I needed something for a potluck and had all this on hand. Used Butter beans and also added a can of black beans. Veyr good.
Absolutely one of the best baked bean recipe. Delicious!!!
These were a huge hit at our last minute cookout, last night. Everyone raved about them. I wasn't sure what to make as I hadn't been to the store, but these were ingredients I already had in the pantry! I left off the cheese and added 1 tsp of mustard and did have to use butter beans instead of the limas and pork and beans, instead of the baked beans, but they were still sensational!! I will definitely be making these again as they have been requested for the next get together. Thanks so much for such an easy recipe that made me look as if I really went out of my way for everyone!