Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A customer of mine gave me this simple recipe a long time ago She said "No need to buy eggs, milk, etc. for making your nut-roll dough". I've used this recipe ever since. Sure hope you like it as much as I do.
- 1 lb small curd cottage cheese (room temp)
- 4 cups flour, approx
- 1 lb margarine
- 1 lb ground nuts
- 1 cup canned milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- DOUGH; Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the 3 ingredients together well; Divide dough in 1/2 or 1/3's, roll each into rectangles.
- Spread filling on& roll from long side.
- Bake on cookie sheet 350, about 35 minutes.
- Makes 2 or 3 depending on size& thickness you want.
- FILLING;Mix all ingredients in saucepan.
- Cook until thick; Cool before spreading on to dough.
- Drizzle with a glaze of a mixture of P.
- sugar-milk or water, and vanilla.
Although quite acceptable, this nut roll is kind of "blah". I think the lack of yeast is the reason..it was very easy to make.