Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was submitted by Usha L. Acharya to the Thursday magazine dated Jan 6th-12th'06. Enjoy!
Top Review by grapefruit
hmm... i wasn't sure about this. i made this on a whim last night - though again, i had only 1/2 a cup of coconut milk powder. i must have done something wrong - probably didn't boil the water long enough since i didnt know what one thread consistency is .. so when i poured it all out & cooled it etc, it didn't have the consistency of barfi. it was really sticky so the best i could do was scrape it off my pan and roll it into tiny balls and told my toddler it was candy - and he loves it. it does taste like coconut candies we would have as kids - melts in the mouth, although too sweet for my taste. but my son loves it. thanks charishma.
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour water in a pot.
- Add sugar and allow it to come to boil till the mixture has one thread consistency.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour coconut milk powder into this mixture and mix thoroughly and quickly.
- Spoon out the mixture into a greased tray.
- While the burfi mixture is still warm, cut it into pieces with a sharp knife. Otherwise, let it cool and then break into pieces. The choice is yours. I prefer to do it while it is still warm.
- Store in an airtight container for upto a week but I am sure it won't last that long because its quite yum and will be gone in the belly soon :).