Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
My mom passed this one on to me and it has been a hit at my house and work ever since. Great to make in a pinch. No mixing required. Yummy served cold or heated. Very tasty with vanilla ice cream. Get a piece before it's gone!
- 43 1⁄2 ounces peaches in heavy syrup (3 14.5 oz. cans, chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an 11x13 glass dish, pour in the 3 cans of peaches ** only add in the syrup from 1-2 of the cans**.
- Evenly pour the powdered cake mix over the top of the peaches but DO NOT MIX. Break apart any LARGE chunks of powder.
- Slice the butter into thin squares and lay them side by side on top of the powder. One stick will produce enough squares to cover the top of the entire powder mix.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place in the center of the oven.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil and place back in over for another 15 - 20 minutes until the top is browned.
- Serve warm or cold.