1/5 Photos of 3-Ingredient Pan-Simmered Italian Boneless Pork Chops
3 hrs 5 mins
You will NOT believe how good these pork chops are, after seeing how EASY they are to make. These are so simple, yet worthy of serving to company. I get rave reviews every time I serve them and I'm always asked for the recipe, yet almost embarrased to give it! The trick is to cook slowly with enough heat, but not so much that the chops are boiling to get tough and dry. And the cooking time is very flexible...you can simmer these for up to 6 hours if you'd like. (By the way, I consider the salt and pepper "freebies" in the ingredient count!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil over medium-high heat in large frying pan that has a lid.
- 2Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 3Sear chops in pan till lightly browned, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- 4REMOVE frying pan from burner (so you don't burn yourself on next step).
- 5Slowly pour can of stewed tomatoes over chops. Distribute tomatoes so some are under chops and the balance is evenly covering the tops of the pork chops.
- 6Cover pan and return to burner. Reduce heat to low and simmer (do not boil) for 2-3 hours, or until chops are fork tender. You can leave the chops on low for even longer, if you prefer - adjust to your schedule.
- 7Uncover and let simmer for another hour (or longer) until some of the water in the pan evaporates.
- 8Serve with side of mashed potatoes (the pan juice goes well with them!) or over pasta of your choice with some parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3-Ingredient Pan-Simmered Italian Boneless Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.9
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 137.3 mg
- Sodium 354.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 42.2 g