Recipe by Melvin'sWifey
I was recently making some Empanadas for dinner and used this as a base for the filling. Before I did anything else to it, I sampled it on a tortilla chip and I fell in love! This is a great, easy salsa to whip up and tastes authentic! Use 4 serrano peppers for mild, 8 for medium, 12 for hot... and you can go up or down from there! Also, I usually leave the seeds in, but you can take them out for less heat.
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze lime juice from line directly into food processor.
- Open Rotel can, and add to food processor.
- Wash and roughly chop peppers (I leave seeds in) and add to food processor.
- Process until mixed together and there are no super large chunks of peppers. You can make this a chunky salsa, or more of a puree if you like it that way.
- Serve with a big bowl of tortilla chips for dipping!