Recipe by ~Leslie~
This is my favourite shortbread cookie, and I always have the ingredients on hand. So simple to make and so delicious, it produces a very delicate shortbread that is sure to please.
Top Review by Nicole W.
A great quick treat! Recipe is very simple and the end product melts in your mouth. I used a teaspoon to drop the cookies and got a fleet of these bite-sized melters. I baked two ways, one was dusting the dropped dough with granulated sugar and flattening down the cookie - this resulted in a more crispy cookie, which tasted fine, but I preferred the cookies straight from the dough drop - any irregularities on top baked to a golden brown which looked and tasted delicious. Perfect with a glass of milk.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients and mix for a FULL 10 minutes.
- Yes, I said a full 10 minutes!
- Mixture will start out very dry and crumbly but will become batter like after the full 10 minutes.
- I like to use my stand mixer for this, but a hand mixer will do the trick if it is a strong one.
- Drop from teaspoons or a piping bag onto a cookie sheet, I find teaspoons work best.
- Decorate with maraschino cherries or sprinkles if you feel fancy.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes or until bottoms are very lightly brown.
- Watch that the tops don't turn brown!