Recipe by Just Happy
Easy to prepare; relatively diet friendly too! Can easily be doubled. I came up with this recipe while experimenting with Bisquik. Can also be cooked with heart smart Bisquik.
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix Bisquik, applesauce and water. Add cinnamon if desired.
- Be sure to add liquids slowly to adjust for desired thick/thinness; do NOT make it too thin or pancakes will not set.
- Spray skillet with nonstick spray, set over high heat.
- To test for appropriate heat before cooking: splash a few droplets of water on skillet; if water splatters across the skillet, it is ready. It is important to get the pan hot before you cook or pancakes won't brown properly.
- When ready, pour in batter, about 3 tbsp full each for smaller pancakes, or according to personal preference.
- Wait about 1 minute, or until bubbles set, before flipping.
- Don't flip too many times or your pancakes will be flat!
- Serve immediately, or if not, leave to cool on paper towels and freeze for longer storage.