Prep 15 mins
Cook 23 mins
Did you ever feel like making a cake, but you didn't have any eggs or oil so you figured you were out of luck? Think again. I made a cake instead of cupcakes, and I used chocolate frosting instead of white. Easy and delicious. Recipe courtesy of Budget Savvy Diva. Serving size is estimated.
- 18 1⁄4 ounces cake mix (I used yellow, use your preference)
- 10 -12 ounces coffee (any flavor will do)
- 6 ounces white decorating icing
- Preheat oven to 350 (or as directed on box).
- In a small bowl mix dry cake mix and 8 to 10 ounces of coffee.
- Do not add eggs, oil, or water.
- Mix well. If you have to use more coffee--that is fine. It should look like a normal batter.
- Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and fill each one to the 3/4 mark on the liner.
- Cook until toothpick in middle of cake comes out clean--19 to 23 minutes.
- Put half a can of frosting in a small bowl and slowly add in coffee (around 4 ounces). You want to lightly flavor the frosting and mix until well combined.
- Frost each cupcake when they are cooled and enjoy.