Did you ever feel like making a cake, but you didn't have any eggs or oil so you figured you were out of luck? Think again. I made a cake instead of cupcakes, and I used chocolate frosting instead of white. Easy and delicious. Recipe courtesy of Budget Savvy Diva. Serving size is estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 1/4 ounces cake mix (I used yellow, use your preference)
- 10 -12 ounces coffee (any flavor will do)
- 6 ounces white decorating icing
- 1Preheat oven to 350 (or as directed on box).
- 2In a small bowl mix dry cake mix and 8 to 10 ounces of coffee.
- 3Do not add eggs, oil, or water.
- 4Mix well. If you have to use more coffee--that is fine. It should look like a normal batter.
- 5Line a cupcake tray with cupcake liners and fill each one to the 3/4 mark on the liner.
- 6Cook until toothpick in middle of cake comes out clean--19 to 23 minutes.
- 7Put half a can of frosting in a small bowl and slowly add in coffee (around 4 ounces). You want to lightly flavor the frosting and mix until well combined.
- 8Frost each cupcake when they are cooled and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3 Ingredient Coffee Cupcakes With Coffee Icing
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 216.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white decorating icing