Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Three ingredient dip to be made in a crock pot, slow cooker, or rice cooker. This dip is incredibly easy and delicious. This is the smallest I have tried to make this recipe, but I have made it larger going up in ingredients by multiples. 1,1,1 - 2,2,2 - 3,3,3...
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 lb mild sausage (sage blend is not recommended) or 1 lb spicy sausage (sage blend is not recommended)
- Chunk up the sausage and fry it until done. Soften cream cheese on low in microwave. Add sausage, cream cheese and Rotel to cooker.
- Mix. When everything is equally mixed and at an even temperature it is done. Can be left in the cooker on warm until the top starts to crust over, if it is then just mix it up.
I did what Bodifer did and added garlic powder, onion powder, and sour cream. Something seemed to be missing after that ( I didn't have cumin) So I added 1/4 of a piece of Tasso that I put in the food processor. Oh my goodness...the best. Totally not healthy lol but sooo good.
This recipe has been a family favorite for years! I make it with HOT Jimmy Dean Sausage, 1 (8oz) brick cream cheese, and a 16oz jar of Pace picante sauce (mild). It is a hit at every party. I even get requests for it! In my house this recipe is affectionately called 'Super Fun Happy Dip'! We serve with tortilla chips. The best part is how easy it is to make!! I buy the ingredients in bulk so I can make it at a moments notice. And you can freeze this recipe if you make more than you need. Defrost in fridge or microwave.
This is the easiest and best dip. We make it for all family gatherings!