Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Very simple, very good Chicken Cacciatore
- 3 lbs chicken legs with thigh
- 28 ounces chopped tomatoes with garlic and herbs
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
- Set oven at 350.
- Remove skin from legs and thighs and set aside.
- Put Chicken pieces in 13 X 9 baking dish, or equivalent. Spread chopped tomatoes over the chicken. Pour jar of spaghetti sauce over it all.
- I used chopped tomatoes that were prepared with oregano, basil and garlic and spaghetti sauce flavored with onions and peppers. I mixed in some pepper and cayenne pepper to make it spicier.
- Bake covered for 3/4 of an hour.
- Then bake uncovered for an hour.