Recipe by Derf
Delicious pot roast - the meat stays together so it is easily sliced but tender too fabulous gravy.
Top Review by shodges81
I just made this for me and my husband. It is SO easy to make and it was seriously the best pot roast I have ever had and my husband can't stop talking about it. I will DEFINITELY be making this again. :)
- 1 (3 -5 lb) bottom round beef roast
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)
- 4 medium carrots, cut in 2 inch lenths
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, whole
- 12 small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, divided (or beef broth)
- 3 tablespoons water, cold
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 375F degrees.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over roast, place fat side up in dutch oven or roaster; bake uncovered for 1 hour at 375f degrees.
- Reduce heat to 325f degrees, sprinkle roast with desired seasoning; add 1/2 cup water or broth to roaster, cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the roaster from the oven; add 3/4 cup water or broth to roaster, add the potatoes carrots, onions and mushrooms, sprinkle them with salt and pepper; cover and roast for another hour or until veggies are tender.
- Remove roast to platter and slice; surround with veggies, cover with foil and keep warm.
- Add cornstarch to cold water, whisk and add to roaster, whisk while bringing to boil, simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened; ladel over roast and veggies; serve and enjoy.