1/9 Photos of 3 Hour Old Fashioned Oven Pot Roast
3 hrs 15 mins
Delicious pot roast - the meat stays together so it is easily sliced but tender too fabulous gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 -5 lb) bottom round beef roast
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning (or seasoning of your choice)
- 4 medium carrots, cut in 2 inch lenths
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 8 medium fresh mushrooms, whole
- 12 small new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided (or beef broth)
- 3 tablespoons water, cold
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Pre heat oven to 375F degrees.
- 2Sprinkle salt and pepper all over roast, place fat side up in dutch oven or roaster; bake uncovered for 1 hour at 375f degrees.
- 3Reduce heat to 325f degrees, sprinkle roast with desired seasoning; add 1/2 cup water or broth to roaster, cover and bake for 1 hour.
- 4Remove the roaster from the oven; add 3/4 cup water or broth to roaster, add the potatoes carrots, onions and mushrooms, sprinkle them with salt and pepper; cover and roast for another hour or until veggies are tender.
- 5Remove roast to platter and slice; surround with veggies, cover with foil and keep warm.
- 6Add cornstarch to cold water, whisk and add to roaster, whisk while bringing to boil, simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened; ladel over roast and veggies; serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3 Hour Old Fashioned Oven Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 53.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bottom round beef roast