Recipe by pink cook
If you want to prepare ahead an easy and delicious cake to serve in a special party, this is it. Enjoy it.
Top Review by ann366_12218570
This is a wonderfully beautiful and delicious cake that is sure to impress and very easy to make. The hardest thing about making this cake is to let it sit for 3 days in the fridge. The first one I made only made it 24 hours and it was finished within 48 hours and still tasted good. I can't imagine what it would taste like after 3 days. This time I'm making it for company right before we go out of town for a couple of days so it will definitely sit untouched in the fridge until we entertain and eat it after 3 days. I use more coconut than the recipe calls for because I sprinkle it with toasted coconut after it's frosted so have plenty of coconut on hand. This is a coconut lovers dessert and very pretty to serve.
- 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 1 cup sugar (can use Splenda)
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 2 cups Cool Whip Lite, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sour cream, sugar and coconut well and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Bake cake according to package instruccions in two 9 inch layers. Cool and split in four layers.
- Spread the coconut mixture as filling between the layers, reserving a cup.
- Combine reserved coconut mixture with Cool Whipped topping blending until smooth and frost the cake.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate for 3 days before serving. It is very important to let it set the full time for better flavor.