Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
I sort of invented this goulash with the help of my wife. I was trying to make a goulash like my Mom served to all of the younguns...and I was one of them. I enjoy eating it, and after eating a couple of bowls there is enough left to put in the refrigerator to warm up and enjoy again for the next 2 days. Sure hope you try it...and that you like it as much as I do.
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes (seasoned variety may be used)
- 5 -6 cups dried egg noodles
- 2 envelopes golden onion soup mix
- salt, pepper,oregano &,other seasonings to taste
- Put approximately 8 cups water in large boiler.
- Dissolve soup mix in water and bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes and boil 8-10 minutes.
- Add 2 cans tomatoes and the egg noodles.
- Add the extra seasonings as desired.
- Bring back to boiling for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir well, cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir to the bottom of boiler to prevent sticking.
- Cook until desired tenderness of noodles is reached.
- Quantities of all ingredients may be adjusted to the number of servings needed.
- Yields: 10-12 servings.
Vegetarian Goulash? I never heard of such a thing. I'm sorry, this was very very starchy and bland I think you need to work on this recipe.