I saw this recipe and can't wait to try it. Posting it here for safekeeping. Do not remove or eat for three days. No peeking! The longer this cake sits in the refrigerator, the better it gets. Store in your refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1The night before you make this cake, blend together the sour cream, coconut and sugar.
- 2Separate 1 cup of mixture and place in a separate bowl; refrigerate both portions.
- 3The next day, prepare cake mix as per instructions on the back of the box, in two 8- or 9-inch round cake pans; let cool.
- 4Using a long, serrated knife, split both layers in half horizontally, to end up with four layers.
- 5Place one layer of cake on the plate of a cake stand or cake saver that has a top; spread all but the reserved 1 cup of coconut mixture between the layers.
- 6Mix Cool Whip together with the reserved 1 cup coconut mixture.
- 7Frost sides and top of cake with this mixture.
- 8Cover the cake and place in the refrigerator.
- 9Do NOT remove or eat for 3 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3-Day Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.9
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 322.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 42.3 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: