Prep 30 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This Yummy cake recipe came from my good friends mom, Marilyn. It is so very wonderful. You must be patient though and wait the 3 days...it's worth the wait, trust me!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 2 cups sour cream
- Prepare cake mix as directed using the 3 eggs, 1 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup of butter, then pour into 8" or 9" pans. **depending on what brand of cake mix you buy the amount of eggs, butter, water may be different - just use the ingredients listed on your box of yellow cake and omit any of mine that aren't needed. I used Betty Crocker butter recipe yellow, but it doesn't not matter which one you use**.
- Meanwhile, mix together the sugar, coconut and sour cream.
- Set aside 1 cup of the coconut mixture.
- After the cake has cooled split the layers using a serrated knike, so you have 4 layers.
- On a covered cake dish begin layering the cake with the coconut mixture, leave the top layer unfrosted.
- Take the remaining cup of coconut mixture and mix with the cool whip.
- Frost the top and the sides of the cake.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate for 3 days before serving.
- LOVE IT!