Recipe by Montana Heart Song
A soup for my special kids who had usually never tasted fresh veges. Canadian bacon is used because it is very lean.
- 8 stalk fresh celery, finely chopped with leaves
- 8-12 slice Canadian bacon, cut in thin strips
- 1892.0 ml water
- 177.44 ml dry couscous
- 473.18 ml water
- 29.58 ml margarine
- 4.92 ml salt
- 340.19 g can green beans, drained cut in small pieces
- 14.79 ml cilantro
- 14.79 ml italian seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium microwaveable bowl add two cups of water, couscous and cover. Heat at 50% power for about 10 minutes. Check. Make sure all water is absorbed, set aside.
- Heat in large stockpot, 2 quarts of water. Add celery and margarine and salt. Cook about 15 minutes on simmer.
- Add cilantro and italian seasoning. Add bacon and green beans. Simmer about 10 minutes.Add couscous. Stir and blend into the soup. Serve.
- Note: Feel free to add a can of stewed tomatoes, any flavor to this soup. It is good with it but children sometimes like just plain tomato soup without the chunks.