Montana Heart Song's Note:
A soup for my special kids who had usually never tasted fresh veges. Canadian bacon is used because it is very lean.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium microwaveable bowl add two cups of water, couscous and cover. Heat at 50% power for about 10 minutes. Check. Make sure all water is absorbed, set aside.
- 2Heat in large stockpot, 2 quarts of water. Add celery and margarine and salt. Cook about 15 minutes on simmer.
- 3Add cilantro and italian seasoning. Add bacon and green beans. Simmer about 10 minutes.Add couscous. Stir and blend into the soup. Serve.
- 4Note: Feel free to add a can of stewed tomatoes, any flavor to this soup. It is good with it but children sometimes like just plain tomato soup without the chunks.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3 C's Soup #4 (Celery, Canadian Bacon, Couscous)
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.8
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.2 mg
- Sodium 767.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: