Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I tried to feed my special children as many vegetables as they could hold.Some had never tasted a fresh carrot etc.This is one of the recipes. I have (4) 3 C's Soup recipes.
- 20 baby carrots, chopped in very small pieces or 20 baby carrots shredded carrots
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml shredded cabbage
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml cucumbers, chunks peeled and seeds removed
- 1892.0 ml water
- 4.92 ml salt or 4.92 ml salt substitute
- 59.14 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml parsley flakes or 14.79 ml dried cilantro
- 1 bay leaf
- 9.85 ml Bon Appetit seasoning mix
- 0.25 ml chili powder
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 709.77 ml milk
- 4.92 ml white pepper (optional)
- 0.59 ml turmeric (optional)
- In large stockpot, add water, carrots, cabbage and cucumber, salt, margarine and cilantro and bay leaf.Cover.
- Cook 20 minutes on low heat.
- Take off heat, remove bay leaf.
- Add 2 tsps bonapetite seasoning and dash of chili powder and a dash of nutmeg.
- Add evaporated milk and regular milk.
- Reheat slowly.
- If there are any pieces remaining, you may carefully mash with a potato masher.
- Note: When serving to children I did not add pepper and turmeric.
- The grated carrots give a nice color to the soup along with the chili powder and if you had turmeric you will get a buttery color.
- Taste and add more salt if necessary.