Montana Heart Song's Note:
I tried to feed my special children as many vegetables as they could hold.Some had never tasted a fresh carrot etc.This is one of the recipes. I have (4) 3 C's Soup recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 baby carrots, chopped in very small pieces or 20 baby carrots shredded carrots
- 6 -8 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 -8 cups cucumbers, chunks peeled and seeds removed
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt or 1 teaspoon salt substitute
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Bon Appetit seasoning mix
- 1 dash chili powder
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon white pepper (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1In large stockpot, add water, carrots, cabbage and cucumber, salt, margarine and cilantro and bay leaf.Cover.
- 2Cook 20 minutes on low heat.
- 3Take off heat, remove bay leaf.
- 4Add 2 tsps bonapetite seasoning and dash of chili powder and a dash of nutmeg.
- 5Add evaporated milk and regular milk.
- 6Reheat slowly.
- 7If there are any pieces remaining, you may carefully mash with a potato masher.
- 8Note: When serving to children I did not add pepper and turmeric.
- 9The grated carrots give a nice color to the soup along with the chili powder and if you had turmeric you will get a buttery color.
- 10Taste and add more salt if necessary.
Browse Our Top Bok Choys Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bok Choys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3 C's Soup #1 (Carrot, Cabbage & Cucumber)
Serving Size: 1 (357 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 134.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.7 mg
- Sodium 327.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Bon Appetit seasoning mix