Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I served this with goulash and it was perfect.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (9 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter, sour cream and egg.
- Stir in both corns.
- Blend in dry muffin mix and spoon into a well-greased casserole dish.
- Bake for one hour until puffed up, golden brown and crispy on top.
OH. MY. GOD. This is seriously good. It's not really bread, more like a lightly sweetened casserole or soufle but definitely YUMMY. I ate and ate. We had this with chili and I could not bring myself to put the chili on top of it or over it. It's just so good solo, like a side dish. Very rich, definitely not diet food.
Definitely a 5 star! Neighbors fixed this exact recipe and we loved it and was going to post it myself. :) Thank you for posting.
YUMSTERS!!! Just one change. Didn't have canned corn, so used about 12 ounces of frozen corn. YUMSTERS!!!