Recipe by Yanni
If you like the 5-star Sour Cream Cornbread recipe from NurseDi, you will LOVE this creamy side dish version! It is, in a word I use to describe it, FOOD-GASMIC!! Definitely a comfort food on cold winter days! Easily doubled with excellent results! ENJOY! Yanni
Top Review by mammamia #2
Have made this for years to rave reviews. I use 2 eggs, a whole pkg. of the Jiffy mix, and omit the cheese. I'll have to try with the cheese next time, but it is wonderful if you don't have cheese on hand.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn, undrained
- 4 1⁄2 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix together butter, sour cream and egg.
- Stir in cans of corn and corn muffin mix.
- Spoon mixture into buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree oven, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add cheese, stir well.
- Return to oven, bake additional 15 minutes, or until dish is slightly puffed, bubbly, and browned around the edges.