Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like the 5-star Sour Cream Cornbread recipe from NurseDi, you will LOVE this creamy side dish version! It is, in a word I use to describe it, FOOD-GASMIC!! Definitely a comfort food on cold winter days! Easily doubled with excellent results! ENJOY! Yanni
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn, undrained
- 4 1⁄2 ounces corn muffin mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- In large bowl, mix together butter, sour cream and egg.
- Stir in cans of corn and corn muffin mix.
- Spoon mixture into buttered 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree oven, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add cheese, stir well.
- Return to oven, bake additional 15 minutes, or until dish is slightly puffed, bubbly, and browned around the edges.
Have made this for years to rave reviews. I use 2 eggs, a whole pkg. of the Jiffy mix, and omit the cheese. I'll have to try with the cheese next time, but it is wonderful if you don't have cheese on hand.
Made this last year for the hubby's Thanksgiving pot luck at work and happily waited to eat the leftovers for dinner--but their weren't any. Everyone loved it and have requested it againg this year. Great recipe.
This recipe is delicious. I was making a similar version (without the cheese) but this is much better. The first time I made it I didn't read the ingredients good enough and used a whole box of Jiffy mix and it still turned out wonderful.My family requests this at least once a week.