Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is again taken off the FoodNetwork for the Zaar Tour contest. I know but sorry i just don't know any Canadian recipes, but this sounds good!!
- 2 lbs carrots
- 2 lbs snow peas
- 1 lb roasted peppers
- 1⁄2 lb sunflower seeds
- 1 cup maple vinaigrette
- 9 ounces old-fashioned prepared mustard
- 38 1⁄2 ounces maple syrup
- 19 ounces cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 ounces sea salt
- 29 ounces sunflower oil
- Peel carrots and cut into sticks 4 inches by 1/2-inch. Cook snow peas and carrots for 1 minute in the steamer and cool in cold water. Cut the roasted peppers into slivers.
- Mix together vegetables with Maple Vinaigrette and sunflower seeds.
- Maple Vinaigrette:.
- Mix together mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, and salt, process in blender. To emulsify, add oil in a fine stream while continuing to process in the blender.
I had to replace the snow peas with plain green salad as i couldn't find snow peas. But it was a delicious salad with a very good vinaigrette!