Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
This tangy sauce is wonderful over grilled salmon.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 dash hot red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- Place butter, lime juice, lemon juice and salt in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH power until butter melts, about 1 minute.
- Whisk to cool slightly.
- Add egg yolks and whisk until well blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on Medium (50%) 15 seconds.
- Whisk until blended.
- Repeat twice until sauce is thickened.
- Whisk in red pepper sauce and orange juice.
- Serve warm.
Citrus anything is one of my favorites, so this was really peaking my interest. I made salmon and used this for the topping. It was eggsullent!