Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very, very easy to make meal that will please almost anyone! What a great way to get the little ones to eat spinach! heh 8)
- 1 (10 ounce) can prepared pizza crust
- 2⁄3 cup ricotta cheese, drained in a sieve
- 3 ounces provolone cheese, diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed under hot tap water & squeezed completely dry
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium red peppers, roasted peeled & cut to thin strips
- 3 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten with
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Roll the dough to 12x12-inch square and then cut into 4 equal squares.
- In a medium bowl, mix all remaining ingredients except egg and water.
- Place filling a little off center on each dough square.
- Wrap dough around filling by bringing one side over to meet other, forming a triangle.
- Round off corners to form a semi-circle and press edges with fork, sealing.
- Place on baking sheet and brush top of each calzone with egg wash.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set about 7 minutes.
- Serve hot!
Very nice, thank you. Fancy for me, but easy to make. I used a whole wheat pizza dough from our local food co-op.